Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

apple pencil strokes disappearing on ipad pro

my apple pencil (2nd generation): the strokes sometimes randomly disappear as I write them on my ipad. E.g. it will work on one area of the ipad but not on another. I've tried palm touching or not touching, makes no difference.

The Zoom accessibility function is off.

Help would be much appreciated!

iPad Pro 12.9-inch, 3rd Gen, Wi-Fi

Posted on Dec 13, 2020 4:24 PM

Similar questions

1 reply

Dec 17, 2020 8:49 AM in response to ipadteaching

Hello ipadteaching,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

We understand that you are having an issue with the Apple Pencil strokes disappearing as you write on your iPad. It appears that the issues seems to occur on one area of the iPad, but not another. You have tried using the pencil with your palm touching and not touching, as well as turning the Zoom accessibility function off, without affecting the issue. Does the same issue occur when you try to draw or write using your finger? We would suggest you try resetting iPad's settings in Settings > General > Reset > Reset All Settings. Be certain you do not select Erase All Content and Settings as this will erase all of your information. It is a good idea to perform a backup of your iPad prior to resetting its settings.

Best regards.

apple pencil strokes disappearing on ipad pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.