Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot add gmail account to mail

Looks like I have the same problem as described in this thread - https://discussions.apple.com/thread/250646617?login=true

I am not able to add it to my iPhone and iPad. The add account process does not show any error.

Although, I can add a gmail account to my Mac it does not sync.

Initially there was a problem with IMAP shown. As I was not able to synchronise the account I decided to remove it and add it again. IMAP is enabled in google. I have also tried different options for authentication. The authentication process is working fine. I suspect this is a problem with IMAP root folder.

Other google accounts (@google.com) are working fine on all my devices.

Thanks.

iPhone 6s, iOS 14

Posted on Dec 14, 2020 12:42 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 14, 2020 2:41 AM

Thanks for the hint. I have been using Mail app with gmail and other maila servers since Iphone 2. There were problems too.

Luckily, things started working back again. Strange. I managed to remove nordVPN from the iPad but I do not think this step solved the problem.

Similar questions

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 14, 2020 2:41 AM in response to LD150

Thanks for the hint. I have been using Mail app with gmail and other maila servers since Iphone 2. There were problems too.

Luckily, things started working back again. Strange. I managed to remove nordVPN from the iPad but I do not think this step solved the problem.

Dec 14, 2020 1:43 AM in response to SravanKrA

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

I do not think this is a problem with the authentication. I have google 2 step verification enabled. The adding account process passes this step successfully but when configuring the account it drops the connection. Even if I generate the password for an app passwords - I cannot use it as there is no account to edit.

It may be a problem with google. I have just tried to configure the account on another iPhone not associated with my Apple ID. Same problem - cannot add the account.

Thanks.

Cannot add gmail account to mail

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.