Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Problems with iCloud storage

I just bought an iPod touch and a MacBook Pro and hate myself for it. I only want the iPod to store my music; I have an iPhone for all the other stuff that they loaded onto the iPod. I just downloaded my music from the iTunes Store to my MacBook and now I'm getting messages saying my phone can't be backed up because I'm out of room. The thing is, the only thing I want backed up to the cloud is the phone data so that if I get a new one I don't lose all my contacts and photos. I don't want to buy extra storage on the cloud. But I want my devices to talk to each other. What can't I just open up the **** cloud and put what I want on there and delete what I don't want? It seems like it's all just a ploy to get you to spend money on the **** cloud storage. If I "delete" a device from the cloud settings, then I won't be able to download TO that device? Right? It seems like any change in settings affects ALL the devices the same way. Can't I adjust so that my devices can talk to each other without each one backing up and taking up space independently?

[Edited by Moderator]

Posted on Dec 14, 2020 3:46 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 14, 2020 12:37 PM

If you don’t wish to use iCloud on one device, then you can turn off your iCloud settings on that device.

1 reply

Problems with iCloud storage

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.