Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Deleting photos in Downloads folder - impact to Photos & iCloud

I downloaded photos from an external cloud (non apple) system to the Downloads folder on my Macbook 12”. I then imported them to Photos albums on the same mac laptop. The albums in Photos were then sync to iCloud photos to optimise storage. The original photos folder and contents are still in the Downloads folder.

My question, if I delete the folders in Downloads, will this also then delete the files in the Photos folder and iCloud photos?

MacBook

Posted on Dec 14, 2020 5:32 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 14, 2020 12:40 PM

dda7600 wrote:

I downloaded photos from an external cloud (non apple) system to the Downloads folder on my Macbook 12”. I then imported them to Photos albums on the same mac laptop. The albums in Photos were then sync to iCloud photos to optimise storage. The original photos folder and contents are still in the Downloads folder.

My question, if I delete the folders in Downloads, will this also then delete the files in the Photos folder and iCloud photos?

Depends on your import settings.

See >>> https://support.apple.com/en-ca/guide/photos/phta58cd90d3/mac and be sure you are referring to your macOS version.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 14, 2020 12:40 PM in response to dda7600

dda7600 wrote:

Depends on your import settings.

See >>> https://support.apple.com/en-ca/guide/photos/phta58cd90d3/mac and be sure you are referring to your macOS version.

Deleting photos in Downloads folder - impact to Photos & iCloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.