Newsroom Update

New features come to Apple services this fall. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Photos share a smart album

I'd like to auto sync photos of my family from my Photos library to.

Any clues on how to do that?

i already have smart albums for each family member and had originally created shared albums to each family member but the shared albums do not update when the smart albums do.

MacBook Pro with Touch Bar

Posted on Dec 14, 2020 5:53 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 14, 2020 8:00 AM

There are no smart Shared albums. You have to share the new photos manually to the shared albums.

You could add a rule "Date added is after ..." to the smart albums, so you will find the new photos in one place. Or add a keyword "Shared" to each photo you share in your albums, and a dd a rule "Keyword is not Shared" to your smart albums.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 14, 2020 8:00 AM in response to chris-topher

There are no smart Shared albums. You have to share the new photos manually to the shared albums.

You could add a rule "Date added is after ..." to the smart albums, so you will find the new photos in one place. Or add a keyword "Shared" to each photo you share in your albums, and a dd a rule "Keyword is not Shared" to your smart albums.

Photos share a smart album

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.