Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I use the find my app to share my location with my wife but her location is never accurate. why would this be? Is she masking it some

I use the find my app to share my location with my wife but her location is never accurate. why would this be? Is she masking it some

Posted on Dec 14, 2020 9:36 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 14, 2020 9:42 AM

There are a number of things that can lead to a location not being quite accurate. Not having wi-fi turned on, being inside of a building, and while you can still get location in some, certain building construction can be worse. Being in a large city with lots of high rise buildings is another. And lastly, what your definition of not accurate is. Emergency locations for 9-1-1 calls is generally 15-20 meters, and if she is experiencing poor cellular reception, it can be worse, hence the appearance of the blue dot for the phone and a large blue tinted circle around the location. Then it is generally proving the location of the last cell tower connected to and a range of location outside of that.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 14, 2020 9:42 AM in response to Walmsleyn

There are a number of things that can lead to a location not being quite accurate. Not having wi-fi turned on, being inside of a building, and while you can still get location in some, certain building construction can be worse. Being in a large city with lots of high rise buildings is another. And lastly, what your definition of not accurate is. Emergency locations for 9-1-1 calls is generally 15-20 meters, and if she is experiencing poor cellular reception, it can be worse, hence the appearance of the blue dot for the phone and a large blue tinted circle around the location. Then it is generally proving the location of the last cell tower connected to and a range of location outside of that.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.