Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

find my app not sharing location

I’m trying to set up the find my friends with my partner. I’ve done all the steps. Enabled location in privacy settings, in the app settings and in the Apple ID find my settings. Added eachother, he can see my location I can’t see his. I’ve tried deleting and re adding, restarting iPhone and also added another friend and it worked both ways. When I click share my location from his phone, it says “enable location go to settings > Apple ID > find my” but when I go there it’s on! It’s driving me bonkers and I’m starting to wondering if he maybe has a VPN set up on his phone. Does a VPN stop this service working? when on his app it says his own location just fine. Also I’m using latest IOS and he is one behind but when my phone was on that IOS it still worked for me.

Posted on Apr 30, 2021 6:54 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 30, 2021 3:42 PM

Yes definatley completed all of these steps. Is not working.

2 replies

Apr 30, 2021 6:55 AM in response to Gemski9866

Share your location

1. Open the Find My app and select the People tab.
  2. Select Share My Location or Start Sharing Location.
  3. Enter the name or phone number of the person you want to share your location with.
  4. Select Send.
  5. Choose to share your location for One Hour, Until End of Day, or Share Indefinitely.
  6. Select OK.

Find friends and share your location with Find My - Apple ...

find my app not sharing location

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.