Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Find my iPhone and location sharing

My boyfriend & I share an Apple ID acct. he is the only person I share my location with on find my iPhone app.

Somehow he got logged out of the Apple ID, which then suddenly my location was set to never share in my find my iPhone settings. I DID NOT TURN IT OFF.

is it possible that Bc he’s the only person I share with and he’s not logged in or “accessible” that it toggled mine to off. Bc it’s the same Apple ID?

iPhone XS, iOS 15

Posted on Nov 1, 2022 6:00 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 1, 2022 6:11 AM

If you no longer see the other’s location, they may have stopped sharing, or are no longer using the same Apple ID, or their location is unavailable. Or something with Find My went weird.

If they’re no longer logged into the Apple ID that was set to share their location (as they are logged in using the other Apple ID) their location will not be shared.

If the same Apple IDs that set up sharing have been and are still in use, first restart the iPhone or iPad and check again, and then remove the other, and re-share the locations.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 1, 2022 6:11 AM in response to Iateyourfishies

If you no longer see the other’s location, they may have stopped sharing, or are no longer using the same Apple ID, or their location is unavailable. Or something with Find My went weird.

If they’re no longer logged into the Apple ID that was set to share their location (as they are logged in using the other Apple ID) their location will not be shared.

If the same Apple IDs that set up sharing have been and are still in use, first restart the iPhone or iPad and check again, and then remove the other, and re-share the locations.

Nov 1, 2022 6:26 AM in response to Iateyourfishies

Iateyourfishies wrote:

Thank you,
it started sharing again once he logged back into the Apple ID.

the question here is, why was it toggled off on my phone?

If the other person is not using their Apple ID, the data is unavailable.

If you’re both using the same Apple ID, that won’t work at all reliably, and there are a number of features that get tangled. Notifications, two-factor authentication, Apple Messages, Apple Cash, location sharing, etc. Apple intends everyone to have and use their own Apple ID, possibly then with Family Sharing enabled.

Find my iPhone and location sharing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.