Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

If I'm not sure if I deselected find my Mac before erasing the hard drive can someone still get into my iCloud after I trade in this macbook

I was in the process of trading in my old laptop and preparing to erase. I had reached out for support and following the directions sent to me, I don't recall deselecting Find my Mac. I have found the instructions in the packing box to return my laptop and this is where I found these instructions. My question is now that I have erased the old laptop and ready to mail back can someone get into my iCloud account if I did not deselect find my mac

Thanks

Posted on Dec 14, 2020 9:39 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 14, 2020 2:59 PM

Not unless you give your Apple ID password to whomever has your old laptop next. Not impossible but very unlikely when you think about it, wouldn’t you agree?

You can log into your iCloud account using any browser on any computer (Mac or PC) and remove your old laptop from ‘Find My . . .’ there.

Good luck

1 reply

If I'm not sure if I deselected find my Mac before erasing the hard drive can someone still get into my iCloud after I trade in this macbook

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.