Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't download Apple Fitness app to iPad

Anyone having trouble downloading Apple Fitness app to their iPad ? I get a message at the top of the screen in the App Store saying “this app requires specific features not available on this device”. The new fitness+ app works on my iPhone and Apple TV.

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Dec 14, 2020 2:27 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 14, 2020 4:51 PM

Read this.

Devices you can use with Apple Fitness+ - Apple Support

14 replies

Mar 14, 2021 8:08 PM in response to sorr

Yes you can link up an Watch.

Here are the requirements needed to use the Fitness+ app and Watch with a iPadOS compatible iPad.

Your iPad needs to be updated to the latest iPadOS 14.3 or later.

You need a compatible Watch ( series 3 or later ) updated to its latest WatchOS version.

No options

The Fitness+ app will ask to automatically link the Watch to your iPad/ Fitness+ app, after the download of the Fitness+ app from the iOS App Store.

See the iPad/iPhone instructions here below.

How to start a workout.

Tap the link below.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT211923

Also, make sure all connected Apple devices are using the same Apple ID/password account information.

Feb 22, 2021 8:54 PM in response to Shore James

If all of your devices are up to date OS-wise, you need to disconnect your Apple Watch from your iPhone.

Then, Bluetooth connect the Watch to the iPad ( you do not need a watch app on the iPad, iPadOS 14.3 was released specifically to allow a direct Bluetooth connection of a qualifying Apple Watch ).

Once your Watch is connected to the iPad via Bluetooth, you can then go to the iOS App Store and proceed to download the Apple Fitness+ app and use all of its features.

Currently there is no direct AirPlay/screen mirroring from an iPad to any other smart TV or smart device using AirPlay2

Apple, currently has ONLY made this feature available to owners/users of an actual Apple TV box.

Best of Luck to You!

Mar 16, 2021 5:16 PM in response to MichelPM

You say that you can link a watch up to an iPad, and Apple says you can link a watch up to an iPad, but it simply does not work. No amount of searching, resetting, updating, restarting has got either of our watches (series 5 & 6) hooked up to either of our iPads (pro models, 1 or 2 years old).

I can get it working on my iPhone, but don’t want to watch a workout on a tiny screen.

I’m pleased that the Fitness+ sub was a trial as I would be more than annoyed if I had paid good money for it!

Can't download Apple Fitness app to iPad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.