Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook Air M1 Pixel Problem

I *JUST* received my new MacBook Air M1 today and I really love it so far. It's fast and reliable.

However...

I notice that whenever I move a browser window, these small, usually green, spots/pixels appear from time to time. I am not if this is a faulty issue or if the screen is just getting accustomed to be used, but I am perplexed.

I waited three weeks for this machine, so it's kind of a bummer.

Posted on Dec 14, 2020 3:09 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 14, 2020 4:22 PM

There is no “getting accustomed to being used” with a MacBook display. It doesn’t sound right that you are seeing green spots, but without more detail or maybe even seeing it I’m not going to risk a definitive judgement. If you think there might be a problem Contact Apple Support and remember Apple has a 14 day return window, which means a defective device should normally be swapped out with a brand new replacement rather than workshopped or a reconditioned Exchange. (But remember M1 MacBooks have a lead time so don’t expect an instant replacement).

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 14, 2020 4:22 PM in response to ConnorTexas94

There is no “getting accustomed to being used” with a MacBook display. It doesn’t sound right that you are seeing green spots, but without more detail or maybe even seeing it I’m not going to risk a definitive judgement. If you think there might be a problem Contact Apple Support and remember Apple has a 14 day return window, which means a defective device should normally be swapped out with a brand new replacement rather than workshopped or a reconditioned Exchange. (But remember M1 MacBooks have a lead time so don’t expect an instant replacement).

Macbook Air M1 Pixel Problem

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.