Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud shared photo albums

Hi,

I have recently set up iCloud and have moved all my photos from an external drive to iCloud and organised them into folders which within them contain various albums. I wanted to share these albums with my wife who uses a different apple ID but there doesn't seem to be any way to do this using the iCloud web page (I am using Windows). The only way I have managed to do this is to select all the photos from my individual albums and then invite her in order to share these. It seems a shame that I can't view/edit/manage these shared albums from the iCloud web page and only from my iPhone.

Does anyone know if this is possible or is the way I have found the only way to do this?

Many thanks,

Alex

Windows, Windows 10

Posted on Dec 15, 2020 6:12 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 15, 2020 7:54 AM

allieballiewallie wrote:

Hi,

I have recently set up iCloud and have moved all my photos from an external drive to iCloud and organised them into folders which within them contain various albums. I wanted to share these albums with my wife who uses a different apple ID but there doesn't seem to be any way to do this using the iCloud web page (I am using Windows). The only way I have managed to do this is to select all the photos from my individual albums and then invite her in order to share these. It seems a shame that I can't view/edit/manage these shared albums from the iCloud web page and only from my iPhone.

Does anyone know if this is possible or is the way I have found the only way to do this?

Many thanks,

Alex

Apple's Shared photo albums are not visible on iCloud.com unless you also create the public web site. The album then has its own URL for viewing.

https://support.apple.com/en-ca/HT205703

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 15, 2020 7:54 AM in response to allieballiewallie

allieballiewallie wrote:

Hi,

Many thanks,

Alex

Apple's Shared photo albums are not visible on iCloud.com unless you also create the public web site. The album then has its own URL for viewing.

https://support.apple.com/en-ca/HT205703

iCloud shared photo albums

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.