Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iphone se images will show on mac photos but will not open as it tells me the pic is a video. Have tried taking photos with LIVE off on the iphone but they still do not open as a pic on my mac

Images taken on my new iphone se are visible on photos on my mac but I cannot open them. An exclamation mark is shown. After looking online it seems that iphone se 2020 takes every photo as a video. Even if I switch off LIVE on the iphone they still will not open when I click on them in photos on the mac. How can I get around this? The images show up on iphoto on the mac and can be opened. This is a VERY frustrating feature of the new iphone se.

MacBook Pro 13″, OS X 10.10

Posted on Dec 15, 2020 9:34 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 15, 2020 9:39 AM

Hi

You have an older OSX version - which does not recognise the HEIC format used by recent phones. You need to change the format in the phone camera settings (to most compatible). This will be jpg format, which will be compatible - but will not be able to store live photos.

Alternatively you need to convert them to jpg from HEIC before importing into photos.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 15, 2020 9:39 AM in response to suswong

Hi

You have an older OSX version - which does not recognise the HEIC format used by recent phones. You need to change the format in the phone camera settings (to most compatible). This will be jpg format, which will be compatible - but will not be able to store live photos.

Alternatively you need to convert them to jpg from HEIC before importing into photos.

iphone se images will show on mac photos but will not open as it tells me the pic is a video. Have tried taking photos with LIVE off on the iphone but they still do not open as a pic on my mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.