Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Things won't show when dragged into 2nd monitor

So ... I'm on an iMac, using Big Sur 11.0.1 with a Cintiq Pro 24. I use the Cintiq as my main display with the dock.

This problem MAY have started with the Big Sur update ... when I try to drag a window from the Cintiq onto the Mac monitor, as I'm dragging it is visible (though transparent) as it moves into the Mac display frame. As soon as I let go of the cursor, the Mac's newly dragged window disappears completely. This includes Safari, Apple Mail, Finder, new Photoshop artwork tabs -- so far everything disappears except any of the Photoshop Navigator/History/Layers windows, etc. windows (I can drag them over and they remain fully visible).

Hopefully I've given enough info ... I'm mirroring the displays for now until I can get this resolved. Any ideas?

Thanks!!

iMac 27″, macOS 11.0

Posted on Dec 15, 2020 11:43 AM

Similar questions

2 replies

Dec 18, 2020 8:14 PM in response to ldecook

Hello and welcome to Apple Support Communities, ldecook.

If we understand your post correctly, apps disappear when you try to move them to another of your displays. We’d like to help.

Do you have multiple desktop spaces set up? The apps may be going to another desktop space. This guide explains how desktop spaces work:

Use Mission Control on your Mac

Let us know if that resolves this issue for you.

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities.

Things won't show when dragged into 2nd monitor

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.