Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Photos "Verifying 'Photos Library'"...

Ok, so not sure what changed. Photos Library has been a slow application since day 1. Slow, but operational. Something changed yesterday, my wallpaper disappeared. Wallpaper was random pictures from my photos library. When trying to reassociate, it cannot find the photos library. I find it (in Applications) and tried to open. It stated "Verifying Photos Library"… and got to about 60%. It has not progressed in 12 hours from that point. Currently cannot open pictures. Shut the system down and powered back up but seems hung on this. I have force quit it and tried to open photos again, but comes to this same scan. Seeking guidance on how to fix.

iMac Line (2012 and Later)

Posted on Dec 16, 2020 2:12 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 16, 2020 2:52 PM

Try restarting the mac in safe mode, and then opening photos. If it opens successfully (it still might need some time to verify), close it normally, and then restart in normal mode and try again.

Similar questions

2 replies

Photos "Verifying 'Photos Library'"...

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.