Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Screen Mirroring

I used to be able to swipe up and choose screen mirroring to show my iPhone 8 screen on my LG TV, model OLED65C9AUA. The TV no longer shows when I select screen mirroring. This issue may have coincided with an update to iOS 14.1. However, I have another iPhone 8 plus that is running iOS 11.4.1 that I used to be able to screen mirror on the TV and it no longer works either. Did Apple do something or was it LG?

iPhone 8, iOS 14

Posted on Dec 16, 2020 8:11 PM

2 replies

Dec 19, 2020 6:29 PM in response to andrewmarty

Hey Andrew,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities. We understand that you're having some issues mirroring from your iPhone 8 to your Smart TV.

Since this coincided with an iOS update, we would recommend checking to see if there is a firmware update for your Smart TV as well. This and other guidance that can help resolve many AirPlay and screen mirroring issues can be found in If AirPlay or screen mirroring isn’t working on your device.

Take care.

Screen Mirroring

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.