Coming soon: Apple Event on 9/9 at 10 a.m. PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Custom password format for keychain passwords

Has Apple developed a way to set up keychain suggested passwords so they conform to a specific format?

I appreciate the complex passwords keychain comes up with, however, I have websites that specify “no symbols” and another website that limits the characters to less then 15. When these situations come up keychain is useless as is and I have to resort to making my own less secure password.

am I missing something where keychain generated passwords can be set to a user format?

iPad Pro, iPadOS 14

Posted on Dec 17, 2020 4:46 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 20, 2020 2:52 PM

Hello racassano,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities. It looks like you're having question about customizing the strong passwords generated automatically on your iPad. We'd be happy to get your questions answered.

At this moment, this isn't something that can be changed but we're always looking for feedback. Please leave feedback for this here:

Product Feedback

Select your device to start.

Also, please check out this helpful link:

Automatically fill in strong passwords on iPad

We hope this information is useful. Kind regards.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Dec 20, 2020 2:52 PM in response to racassano

Hello racassano,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities. It looks like you're having question about customizing the strong passwords generated automatically on your iPad. We'd be happy to get your questions answered.

At this moment, this isn't something that can be changed but we're always looking for feedback. Please leave feedback for this here:

Product Feedback

Select your device to start.

Also, please check out this helpful link:

Automatically fill in strong passwords on iPad

We hope this information is useful. Kind regards.

Custom password format for keychain passwords

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.