Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMovie Insufficient Storage to Export

My son created a documentary using iMovie for is school project due today. After clearing space on his iPhone he still cannot share the file via iCloud Drive (2T). If I back up his phone onto my desktop, is this an option to access the project file then attempt to compress the file do he can share it? We are desperate and would appreciate any help. Thank you.

iPhone XR

Posted on Dec 17, 2020 6:05 AM

3 replies

Dec 17, 2020 10:37 AM in response to maureenfromnm

Hi, maureen,

I'm not sure about the procedure that you describe. Not something I have done.

However, the easiest way would be to enable AirDrop on both devices and then transfer the iMovie for iPhone project, or the video from it, from the iPhone to your Mac. It would appear in the Downloads folder on your Mac. The iPhone AirDrop export option has options to export the project itself or the video. If you export the project itself you could open it on your Mac iMovie app as a project (double click on it in the Downloads folder) , and share it out from iMovie for Mac. For AirDrop to work both devices must be located within 30 feet of each other.

-- Rich

iMovie Insufficient Storage to Export

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.