Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Moving Project from Ipad to Desktop Mac

My daughter made a movie in imovie. Her iPad is saying she doesn't have enough space to save it as a project/export it even though she has 8gb free. I want to move the project off the iPad onto the desktop. I'm afraid of it isn't saved as a completed project then I can't do this. Here is my question:

A) am I just using a basic lightening cord to transfer files? When I tried that the only offer I was given was to format the ipad

B) Is there a solution for saving this file other than stripping everything off the iPad?

Thanks for the assist.

iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi

Posted on Jan 30, 2021 12:48 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 30, 2021 6:43 PM

Use the AirDrop feature to transfer the actual editable iPad iMovie project to your Mac. It will import into your Mac's Downloads folder. Open the downloads folder and double click on the project's name. It will open as a Mac iMovie project. You can share it out from there. You can also use AirDrop to transfer standalone movie files.

For AirDrop to work it must be enabled on both devices and the devices must be closer than 30 feet from each other. There is no file size limitation with AirDrop.

For more details on how to use AirDrop go the the Finder Help menu item and type in AirDrop.

-- Rich

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 30, 2021 6:43 PM in response to BoomerAlert

Use the AirDrop feature to transfer the actual editable iPad iMovie project to your Mac. It will import into your Mac's Downloads folder. Open the downloads folder and double click on the project's name. It will open as a Mac iMovie project. You can share it out from there. You can also use AirDrop to transfer standalone movie files.

For AirDrop to work it must be enabled on both devices and the devices must be closer than 30 feet from each other. There is no file size limitation with AirDrop.

For more details on how to use AirDrop go the the Finder Help menu item and type in AirDrop.

-- Rich

Moving Project from Ipad to Desktop Mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.