Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I Phone camera app not visible on screen.

I used the wiggly minus sign for camera because I couldn’t get it out of edit mode. How do I get it back so I can see it as an app on the Home Screen?

iPhone 8, iOS 14

Posted on Dec 17, 2020 8:29 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 20, 2020 4:32 PM

Hello Olderthan,

We understand that the Camera app was removed from the Home screen, and we want to help.

Is your device running iOS 14 or later? If so, let's see if the Camera app is in the App Library.

If you go to the App Library on your device, are you able to locate the Camera application? The "Use the App Library to find your apps" part of this page explains how to find your apps: Organize the Home Screen and App Library on your iPhone

If you see the Camera app in the App Library, press and hold it, then select the "Add to Home Screen" option.

If applications were deleted from the device, and you want to recover them, please check out the "Restore a built-in app that you deleted" part of this page as well: Delete built-in Apple apps from the Home screen on your iOS 14 or iPadOS device or Apple Watch

Thanks!

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 20, 2020 4:32 PM in response to Olderthan

Hello Olderthan,

We understand that the Camera app was removed from the Home screen, and we want to help.

Is your device running iOS 14 or later? If so, let's see if the Camera app is in the App Library.

If you go to the App Library on your device, are you able to locate the Camera application? The "Use the App Library to find your apps" part of this page explains how to find your apps: Organize the Home Screen and App Library on your iPhone

If you see the Camera app in the App Library, press and hold it, then select the "Add to Home Screen" option.

If applications were deleted from the device, and you want to recover them, please check out the "Restore a built-in app that you deleted" part of this page as well: Delete built-in Apple apps from the Home screen on your iOS 14 or iPadOS device or Apple Watch

Thanks!

I Phone camera app not visible on screen.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.