Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

camera app disappeared on iPhone 8+

hey,

I can't see my camera app on my iPhone.

there's no limitations, and if I scroll up I see it in the command screen..

don't know what to do!

thanks

iPhone 8 Plus

Posted on Oct 31, 2021 2:06 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 1, 2021 8:31 AM

Hello inbal83, 

The Camera app is an essential part of your iPhone, and Apple Support Communities is a great place for help! 

From the description you provided it sounds as though the Camera app may have been removed from the Home Screen. The following article provides some great information on how to find applications in the App Library. 

Organize the Home Screen and App Library on your iPhone

Upon locating the Camera application via the App Library, press and hold on the app icon, then tap on Add to Home Screen. If the Add to Home Screen option doesn’t appear that can indicate that parental controls may be enabled. 

To disable the parental controls go in to Settings > Screen Time > Content & Privacy Restrictions. If enabled, tap the green toggle to disable that feature. 

Let us know how that goes!

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 1, 2021 8:31 AM in response to inbal83

Hello inbal83, 

The Camera app is an essential part of your iPhone, and Apple Support Communities is a great place for help! 

From the description you provided it sounds as though the Camera app may have been removed from the Home Screen. The following article provides some great information on how to find applications in the App Library. 

Organize the Home Screen and App Library on your iPhone

Upon locating the Camera application via the App Library, press and hold on the app icon, then tap on Add to Home Screen. If the Add to Home Screen option doesn’t appear that can indicate that parental controls may be enabled. 

To disable the parental controls go in to Settings > Screen Time > Content & Privacy Restrictions. If enabled, tap the green toggle to disable that feature. 

Let us know how that goes!

camera app disappeared on iPhone 8+

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.