Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Photos on Mac doesn't stop searching for location

I have scanned in a lot of old negatives which I am editing and since they have no EXIF-data with location, date etc., I am adding it manually, but for some reason, it got stuck for one of the photos, which I wanted to correct, since the location I chose was way off. (I won't get the exact coordinates, of course, but that doesn't matter much)

So is there a way I can get the process to stop? It's been going on for an hour now and that hasn't happened before and as long as it keeps searching, I can't change it.

I'll add a screenshot, but it is in Norwegian, but what it says is that it is searching for location info...

(Everything updated, by the way...)

iMac, macOS 10.13

Posted on Dec 17, 2020 8:38 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 17, 2020 10:39 AM

Quit Photos, launch Activity Monitor and under CPU search for "photo". Find what process is continual or the most and kill it. Then open the library and check Activity Monitor to see if the process starts backup or not.

2 replies

Photos on Mac doesn't stop searching for location

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.