Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

photos not loading and bing stuck on "rename person..." for a hours

hi I just got a new Mac and I am pretty familiar with apple photos. today I opened my photos app on the Mac and then clicked "people", I wanted to add a name to my boyfriends picture but once I clicked "+name" I was met with an option of clicking his contact info so I did. now my photos has been stuck on "rename person..." for the last few hours and I am really tired of it. I can't quit photos or even restart my computer, it feels like the blue bar is taunting me. I attached a photo of what I mean by "rename person.." and please let me know what I can do.

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 11.1

Posted on Dec 17, 2020 12:03 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 20, 2020 1:11 PM

Hi there keeley212,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities. It sounds like after trying to add a person to your photos on the Mac, the Photos app is unresponsive. It can take some time for the Photos app to search through all of your photos to add someone to your People album. The amount of time can vary based on what else you are using on your Mac and how many photos you have.

If you are sure it is not responsive, you can force the Photos app to quit. See how here: How to force an app to quit on your Mac.

We hope this helps!

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 20, 2020 1:11 PM in response to keeley212

Hi there keeley212,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities. It sounds like after trying to add a person to your photos on the Mac, the Photos app is unresponsive. It can take some time for the Photos app to search through all of your photos to add someone to your People album. The amount of time can vary based on what else you are using on your Mac and how many photos you have.

If you are sure it is not responsive, you can force the Photos app to quit. See how here: How to force an app to quit on your Mac.

We hope this helps!

Dec 20, 2020 1:11 PM in response to keeley212

Hi there keeley212,

We hope this helps!

photos not loading and bing stuck on "rename person..." for a hours

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.