Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to amend titles when using Photos for Mac

Following repair, Big Sur was re-installed on my intel Imac. My usual practice after importing a batch of photos has been to rename them. I would select some photos of a particular location, click on the info button and type in a new title. I tried to do this today for the first time since the iMac came back from repair, but it proved impossible. After typing a couple of letters, the cursor disappears and the iMac makes protesting noises. The problem is not confined to a particular view or mode in Photos for Mac. Whilst the iMac was at repair I used my iPad Pro to edit photos without any problem. Does anybody have an idea why this is occurring?

iMac Line (2012 and Later)

Posted on Sep 27, 2021 2:10 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 28, 2021 4:53 AM

I think that is caused by all the background indexing happening (finding faces, cars, dogs, trees, etc). Once all of that completes, it won’t steal the focus from the field. The only way to work while that is going on is to type the title into some other app, copy, paste.

Similar questions

2 replies

Unable to amend titles when using Photos for Mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.