Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Problem adding titles to Mac Photos

I am running Mac Big Sur 11.4 and am having a problem adding titles in my photos library. When I type the Mac just dinks. What can I do to fix this?

Tom

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 11.4

Posted on Jul 12, 2021 9:47 AM

5 replies

Jul 12, 2021 12:00 PM in response to Thomas_Harvey

The usual way to add a title to a photo is to type a title into the title line of the Info panel for a photo. Is that what you have been doing?

I noticed on Big Sur that Photos is frequently unresponsive when I try to change the metadata of a photo right after importing a new photo. It is easier change titles and keywords after waiting a bit - when the photos appear in All Photos and not only in Recents or Imports.

Jul 12, 2021 11:16 AM in response to Thomas_Harvey

It would help to know what happens when you try to add titles. Also where is you library located and, if on an external HD, how that drive is formatted and connected to your Mac. How big is your library? Do you have iCloud Library enabled and, if so, is "Optimize Mac Storage" also enabled.

Also, have you installed and run any "cleaning", "optimizing", "speed-up" or anti-virus apps on your Mac?

Problem adding titles to Mac Photos

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.