Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

XBox one controller connected to IOS 14, but the games won’t recognise it?

I have an iPad Pro 2020 and I have purchased an Xbox One 2020 controller using IOS 14.3 and I can connect the controller to the iPad using Bluetooth no problem but when I load any game that has controller control compatibility all the games wont recognise that the controller is connected (even though it’s showing as connected in Bluetooth) and therefore wont work.

I have tried two different brand new 2020 xbox one controllers and both do exactly the same thing.

I have seen a few others have had the same issue but I cannot see anyone has managed to solve the problem?

Just to confirm I have added and removed the controllers a few times and still the same problem.

Anyone know how to fix this issue please?

iPad Pro, iPadOS 14

Posted on Dec 17, 2020 12:51 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 20, 2020 3:35 PM

Thanks I have the Xbox wireless - Bluetooth controller which is apparently compatible but clearly not.

I have read in other posts that many people are having the same issues with the xbox controller - clearly there is an issue with the IOS and these xbox controller since the 13.7 update to version 14 onwards.

Hopefully Apple can resolve the issue... or they need to update their list of compatible controllers.

The information Apple are providing is clear outdated or untested.

Similar questions

30 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 20, 2020 3:35 PM in response to bailier

Thanks I have the Xbox wireless - Bluetooth controller which is apparently compatible but clearly not.

I have read in other posts that many people are having the same issues with the xbox controller - clearly there is an issue with the IOS and these xbox controller since the 13.7 update to version 14 onwards.

Hopefully Apple can resolve the issue... or they need to update their list of compatible controllers.

The information Apple are providing is clear outdated or untested.

Dec 28, 2020 1:35 AM in response to MattW99

Yea i got the same issues here.. i think the problem was the software update since 13.7 forwards. Now running 14.3 but it won’t recognise all the gaming controller that listed by apple.. i did buy lots of controller to try with but nothing happened

i hope that apple can update or fix this issues soon

XBox one controller connected to IOS 14, but the games won’t recognise it?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.