Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

12 pro max screen is blue when locked and even when powered off

Help! 12 pro max screen is backlit blue when locked or even after powering off

iPhone 12 Pro Max, iOS 14

Posted on Dec 17, 2020 2:54 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 23, 2020 5:27 AM

Thank you for the response!

With the help of our local Verizon store I was able to resolve the issue!

Evidently I unknowingly purchased a screen protector with a blue light filter. Anytime the phone was in the sun or the screen was lit for extended periods the screen protector would actually look like it was lit up blue! It was so blue you could hardly see what was on the screen! They swapped out my screen protector for one without the blue light filter and no more blue screen!!

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 23, 2020 5:27 AM in response to bailier

Thank you for the response!

With the help of our local Verizon store I was able to resolve the issue!

Evidently I unknowingly purchased a screen protector with a blue light filter. Anytime the phone was in the sun or the screen was lit for extended periods the screen protector would actually look like it was lit up blue! It was so blue you could hardly see what was on the screen! They swapped out my screen protector for one without the blue light filter and no more blue screen!!

Dec 20, 2020 5:13 PM in response to JaredDenni

Hi there JaredDenni,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities. It sounds like the backlight on your iPhone is not going off when powered off or when locked. It may be that the iPhone is not turning off all the way. Try these steps to resolve this issue: If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch won't turn on or is frozen.

If it continues, reach out to Apple directly for help here: Get Support.

We hope this helps!

12 pro max screen is blue when locked and even when powered off

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.