Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Password app does not respond

Having recently bought a new desktop with Catalina installed I motored that an app I have not seen before needed updating but could not until I updated the OS to Big Sur .This I did but despite having the Password icon it does not respond Instead I get "Enter the key to access PasswordsApp and press Enter " How do I do that ? I am confused. Pressing enter does nothing any more than clicking on the icon does. Could someone explain please ?

iMac 21.5″, macOS 11.1

Posted on Dec 18, 2020 7:06 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 21, 2020 2:56 PM

Hey angloargie,

Thank you for posting in the Apple Support Communities. It sounds like you're getting this prompt from a third-party password manager app, correct? If so, is this an app you installed or or did you purchase a previously owned Mac?

We want to clarify, as what you're describing sounds like an issue that is related to a third-party app

Please let us know, and we'll do our best to help.

Cheers!

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 21, 2020 2:56 PM in response to angloargie

Hey angloargie,

Thank you for posting in the Apple Support Communities. It sounds like you're getting this prompt from a third-party password manager app, correct? If so, is this an app you installed or or did you purchase a previously owned Mac?

We want to clarify, as what you're describing sounds like an issue that is related to a third-party app

Please let us know, and we'll do our best to help.

Cheers!

Password app does not respond

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.