Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Seagate drive won't mount

I have just upgraded to Big Sur, I've been using a seagate USB HDD formatted to NTFS with Paragon driver with no problem, not the drive will not mount, I can access read only through the paragon software but otherwise appears useless.

Disk Utility throws up this error

Could not mount “Seagate NTFS ”. (com.apple.DiskManagement.disenter error 49153.)

Any suggestions?

Posted on Dec 18, 2020 10:55 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 18, 2020 2:00 PM

One can only surmise the drive is to used between a Windows computer and Apple computer thus formatted as NTFS. Need to check with paragon software for updated drivers / software to operate.

The macOS Disk Utilities may see the drive but can not do anything to the drive except Erase and re-format it to something DU is designed to do

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 18, 2020 2:00 PM in response to admiral_04

One can only surmise the drive is to used between a Windows computer and Apple computer thus formatted as NTFS. Need to check with paragon software for updated drivers / software to operate.

The macOS Disk Utilities may see the drive but can not do anything to the drive except Erase and re-format it to something DU is designed to do

Seagate drive won't mount

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.