You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Siri not working

I've tried everything in the forums. Every time I hold my side button on my iPhone 11, or say "hey Siri" it pops up for less than a second but then disappears before I can ask anything... Please help

iPhone 11, iOS 14

Posted on Dec 19, 2020 1:23 AM

2 replies

Dec 21, 2020 5:24 PM in response to Jordanlewisw

Hello Jordanlewisw,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities. From your post, it appears that Siri is not staying on the screen enough to generate a response. We'll do what we can to help.

Depending on what you've done already, try all the steps here for troubleshooting Siri directly: If "Hey Siri" isn't working on your iPhone or iPad

If you're still having issues, restart your iPhone and try accessing Siri again: Restart your iPhone

Enjoy.

Jan 23, 2021 10:31 PM in response to CarlAVII

I am having the same problem. It is affecting all my devices.

In my household there are two iPhone 8’s, a HomePod mini, and an Apple Watch 3.

Siri works with a button press, but not with “Hey Siri”.

I added the HomePod a month ago. Everything was working great, the all of a sudden it stopped.

I’ve tried everything. Rebooting, resetting, checked all the options, reset my router… I am at a loss.

Siri not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.