Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MBP16 Bluetooth dongle bugged Mac

I'm a new Mac user, just got the MBP 16.

I plugged my Mac into a display that has a USB hub which I previously connected to a Bluetooth dongle (to use with my old Windows Desktop PC) and forgot about it completely.

Now I can't connect any Bluetooth device to my Mac.

I've tried the solutions below:

Apple Discussions Solution

Reddit Solution

And they didn't work for me.

Thanks.

MacBook Pro 16″, macOS 11.1

Posted on Dec 19, 2020 12:39 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 23, 2020 1:58 PM

Hey, after contacting Apple Support in the US (chat) and local Apple Support in Israel, none of them could figure out a solution, they suggested sending my Mac to an Apple authorized lab for repair. Thanks.

Similar questions

2 replies

Dec 22, 2020 5:21 PM in response to AlonElayLatucha

Hello AlonElayLatucha,

We understand you are unable to connect any Bluetooth device to your Mac and we're happy to help. First, does the issue still occur after restarting the Mac using the steps here: Log out, sleep, wake, restart, or shut down your Mac ?

Also, does the issue occur in another user account? If you do not already have another user account set up, you can set up a test user account using the steps here: Set up users, guests and groups on Mac

Does the issue occur while in safe mode? If you are not familiar with the safe mode steps, you can follow the steps here: How to use safe mode on your Mac to get it done. Once in safe mode, you'd want to use the Mac as you normally would to see if the issue occurs again. You can tell when the Mac is in safe mode because on the desktop it will show the words Safe Boot in the top right-hand corner of the screen. 

Take care!

MBP16 Bluetooth dongle bugged Mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.