Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do you manage your HD space?

Hi all,

My HD on my Mac Mini is getting out of control and need to free up some space. I have crap from at least 5 years ago. I don't have time to go through everything manually ( but will probably have to a bit).

What are you guys using/doing to manage your HD space? Maybe you can suggest a good and free disc cleaner, etc....

Thanks!!

Mac mini, macOS 10.12

Posted on Dec 19, 2020 12:49 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 19, 2020 1:03 PM

First - avoid any "cleaning" software, these so-call cleaners will only cause more trouble.

How much space left in your HD (or SSD) - if you have 2014 and earlier, you might be plagued by the 2.5" HDD.

It might be helpful if you can provide more details about your system that many users here can point out useful tips.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 19, 2020 1:03 PM in response to rocker71

First - avoid any "cleaning" software, these so-call cleaners will only cause more trouble.

How much space left in your HD (or SSD) - if you have 2014 and earlier, you might be plagued by the 2.5" HDD.

It might be helpful if you can provide more details about your system that many users here can point out useful tips.

Dec 19, 2020 1:28 PM in response to samtenor

Thanks Samtenor!

Here's a bit more info about my Mac:

Late 2012 Model

2.5 GHz Dual-Core Intel Core i5

Memory: 10 GB

Graphics: Intel HD

Storage:

On the primary HD there are 16.1 GB available of 328 GB

Bootcamp: 153.14 GB available of 171.9 GB

On the second thought, maybe my storage is ok because I forgot to account

for the storage space that was partitioned to Bootcamp? Regardless, I'd like to

cleanup my storage.

FYI, it runs well, no issues. I just think I should cleanup my HD.

Thanks!

How do you manage your HD space?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.