Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

This iPhone wants to use your iCloud account - Glitch

This iPad wants to use your iCloud account.

I keep getting constant popups stating, "this iPad wants to use your iCloud account." I get multiple messages like this for multiple devices, and none of these devices are connected to my account. The only device connected to my account is my iMac. My wife and kids have iPhones, but they have their own accounts. I have searched the web and tried various remedies. Nothing is working.

It's a never-ending loop.

Does anyone know how to solve this issue?

iMac 27″, macOS 11.0

Originally Posted on Dec 7, 2020, 5:37 AM

iMac 27″, macOS 11.1

Posted on Dec 19, 2020 7:11 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 22, 2020 8:55 AM

Hello and welcome to Apple Support Communities, IntrovertedLifestyle!

We understand you're seeing multiple notifications of devices wanting to use your iCloud account. We'd be happy to provide information to help you address this.

Try signing out from your Apple ID on your devices only and sign back in. If the issue continues, change your Apple ID password:

Sign out of iCloud on your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, Apple TV, or Mac

Change your Apple ID password

Have a great day!

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 22, 2020 8:55 AM in response to IntrovertedLifestyle

Hello and welcome to Apple Support Communities, IntrovertedLifestyle!

We understand you're seeing multiple notifications of devices wanting to use your iCloud account. We'd be happy to provide information to help you address this.

Try signing out from your Apple ID on your devices only and sign back in. If the issue continues, change your Apple ID password:

Sign out of iCloud on your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, Apple TV, or Mac

Change your Apple ID password

Have a great day!

Dec 22, 2020 6:27 PM in response to alma1090

I am not sure if I mentioned this, but I no longer have the devices mentioned in those alerts. I don't have an iPhone or iPad, just my iMac computer. I haven't had those devices in about three years, but I purchased this iMac in the last 12-months. I didn't have this issue when I initially set it up. It occurred after one of the last three updates. Also, I changed my Apple password, and it didn't fix the problem. Thank you for providing me with some assistance. I hope to be soon able to get rid of this annoying glitch.

This iPhone wants to use your iCloud account - Glitch

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.