You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I can’t seem to get an answer to the following question. Does anybody know if it’s possible to stream or SEE more than 5 cameras BUT ONLY record 5. I would be perfectly ok with only recording 4or5 cameras, but I would like to be able to SEE 8

I can’t seem to get an answer to the following question. Does anybody know if it’s possible to stream or SEE more than 5 cameras BUT ONLY record 5. I would be perfectly ok with only recording 4or5 cameras, but I would like to be able to SEE 8 around my house at night. Ie: get a notification of movement from one of the 5 recording and permitted cameras but then be able to VIEW all cameras LIVE (under the knowledge that only 5 preset are actually recorded).

iMac 27″, macOS 11.0

Posted on Dec 19, 2020 10:26 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 30, 2020 10:18 PM

Hello there.

Yes, you can stream more but only record on 5. I have 10 cameras total right now but it only lets me record 5. The other 5, I can still view the stream (just no recording). I have a mix of Logi Circle 2 and Circle Views.

I hope Apple allows more than 5 recording at some point soon.

Hope that helps.

4 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Dec 30, 2020 10:18 PM in response to Brett Jolly

Hello there.

Yes, you can stream more but only record on 5. I have 10 cameras total right now but it only lets me record 5. The other 5, I can still view the stream (just no recording). I have a mix of Logi Circle 2 and Circle Views.

I hope Apple allows more than 5 recording at some point soon.

Hope that helps.

Dec 22, 2020 11:16 AM in response to Brett Jolly

Hi Brett,

Thank you for choosing Apple Support Communities.

If we understand right, while you know only 5 cameras can record, you want to be able to view 8 cameras.

Looking at Use HomeKit Secure Video, the articles shows it supports up to 5 cameras. 

This may be good feedback for you to leave at Product Feedback.

Let us know if we can help further.

Cheers!

I can’t seem to get an answer to the following question. Does anybody know if it’s possible to stream or SEE more than 5 cameras BUT ONLY record 5. I would be perfectly ok with only recording 4or5 cameras, but I would like to be able to SEE 8

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.