Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

AirPods Max Wired Connection to iPad Pro via USB-C Port

Wired connection to AirPods Max HeadPhones to an iPad Pro (via USB-C port):

Has anyone tested a wired connection to AirPod Max using the Apple Lightning to 3.5 Audio cable ($35) and an Apple USB-C to 3.5 Audio Adapter ($9) for a wired connection to an iPad Pro with a USB-C Port????

Likewise a wired connection to AirPod Max using the Apple Lightning to 3.5 Audio cable ($35) and an Apple Lightning to 3.5 Audio Adapter ($9) for a wired connection to iPhone Pro Mac???

Yes it may not be pretty using the extra adaptors, all I care about it is the audio functionality and any potential downsides.

Safe Holidays and NewYears

Regards

iPad Pro 11-inch Wi-Fi

Posted on Dec 20, 2020 6:48 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 20, 2020 7:18 AM

See if these support articles can help you:--> Connect and use your AirPods Max - Apple Support

and/or:--> How to charge your AirPods Max and learn about battery life - Apple Support

Regards

Giulio

2 replies

Jan 25, 2021 12:46 AM in response to UrdaMan

I tried several workarounds with my APM headphones while my Apple APM cable was in queue for delivery.

None of these allowed the APM to go live, and none provided charging of the APM.

So, now that I have the APM cable, I can tell you the benefits are that a) these headphones provide sound directly from my Mac mini and b) it charges the headphones.

Is it worth $35? Of course, in that there is no other suitable option that I know of.

Hope this helps.

AirPods Max Wired Connection to iPad Pro via USB-C Port

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.