Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Back to using Safari - deleted Bing but still unable to add a Google account to my iphone 12 - ios 14.3

This all started a few days ago and I thought there was just a Google glitch. But i have reset everything and still can't add Google services (earth, Gmail, or even Chrome to my device and logon with Gmail account data. I removed all browser but Safari and Chrome and still can't move past the add your email and ... eventually password but never get to the PW screen. This is beyond frustrating - will keep reading the thread. Thanks.

Posted on Dec 20, 2020 9:13 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 22, 2020 1:31 PM

Hello, Winglow.

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

From your post, we understand you're having troubles with Google related services on your iPhone. We'd be glad to help. Just to confirm, is it just with using Safari or are you having troubles with the apps as well?

Do you know if you're behind any kind of VPN? If so, disconnect the VPN and try again. You may also want to try another Wi-Fi network or use cellular data if possible.

If you're trying to log into Gmail using Safari, try adjusting these settings:

Disable Settings > Safari > Block all Cookies

Disable Settings > Safari > Prevent cross-site tracking

Enable Settings > Safari > Advanced > Javascript

Also, make sure your iOS is up to date: Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Keep us updated.

Cheers!

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 22, 2020 1:31 PM in response to Winglow

Hello, Winglow.

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

From your post, we understand you're having troubles with Google related services on your iPhone. We'd be glad to help. Just to confirm, is it just with using Safari or are you having troubles with the apps as well?

Do you know if you're behind any kind of VPN? If so, disconnect the VPN and try again. You may also want to try another Wi-Fi network or use cellular data if possible.

If you're trying to log into Gmail using Safari, try adjusting these settings:

Disable Settings > Safari > Block all Cookies

Disable Settings > Safari > Prevent cross-site tracking

Enable Settings > Safari > Advanced > Javascript

Also, make sure your iOS is up to date: Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Keep us updated.

Cheers!

Dec 22, 2020 2:01 PM in response to Matthew.S81

Oddly enough I tried all of those different things although I will go back and check cross traffic and make sure cookies are enabled. I can’t get to google from anywhere except from inside of Outlook. Whenever I try to add a Gmail account to my iPhone where you were at any account it goes to the sign on page asked for my username soon as I put in my username in this case convert assets atgmail.com the top bar just spins and spins and spins and never allows me to go to where the password is. I’m not on a VPN I’ve tried cellular and multiple wireless networks. Even though I’m on a half acre all four of the neighbors around me are kind enough to share their networks and passwords just as I do for them so that none of us are ever without wireless access points. Really not sure what to do I’m probably going to have to go to google support to get this figured out but your answer was very kind and considerate and covered many of the points I did look and I have not got any services that would conflict with your answer. And the other thing was it was working just fine on my iPhone 11 and my iPhone 12 just doesn’t like it. Thank you. Thank you again.

Back to using Safari - deleted Bing but still unable to add a Google account to my iphone 12 - ios 14.3

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.