Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

can't connect my google account

I used to have my google account linked to my iPhone, but then I changed the password and it disconnected. Now I can't reconnect it. I keep trying to connect it so I can sync my mail and my calendars with the iPhone apps but when I try, a screen appears that says "Safari cannot open the page because too many redirects occurred". I don't know what to do.

Posted on Mar 17, 2021 8:58 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 18, 2021 11:08 AM

GUYS I FIXED IT.

IN CASE ANYONE ELSE HAS THIS PROBLEM IN THE FUTURE, THESE ARE THE STEPS I FOLLOWED:

1. Enable cookies in Safari: Settings > Safari > swipe left on 'Block All Cookies' under the PRIVACY & SECURITY section (so it's grey, not green)

2. Login to Gmail from Safari: Open the Safari app and make sure it's not using Private Browsing. Navigate/login to mail.google.com; it should redirect you to accounts.google.com and let you login to your gmail.

3. Add your Account in Settings: Go back to Settings > Passwords & Accounts > now try Add Account ... Hit the Google logo then hit 'Continue' on the popup to allow your Settings to sign into the page. It should now display the accounts.google.com page and let you login again AND add the account to your Accounts list to show up in Mail. 

Source: https://support.google.com/mail/thread/60439743?hl=en

Thank you all for the help! I really appreciate :)

Have a nice day!

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 18, 2021 11:08 AM in response to sol60

GUYS I FIXED IT.

IN CASE ANYONE ELSE HAS THIS PROBLEM IN THE FUTURE, THESE ARE THE STEPS I FOLLOWED:

1. Enable cookies in Safari: Settings > Safari > swipe left on 'Block All Cookies' under the PRIVACY & SECURITY section (so it's grey, not green)

2. Login to Gmail from Safari: Open the Safari app and make sure it's not using Private Browsing. Navigate/login to mail.google.com; it should redirect you to accounts.google.com and let you login to your gmail.

3. Add your Account in Settings: Go back to Settings > Passwords & Accounts > now try Add Account ... Hit the Google logo then hit 'Continue' on the popup to allow your Settings to sign into the page. It should now display the accounts.google.com page and let you login again AND add the account to your Accounts list to show up in Mail. 

Source: https://support.google.com/mail/thread/60439743?hl=en

Thank you all for the help! I really appreciate :)

Have a nice day!

Mar 18, 2021 10:53 AM in response to jdo_apple

Yes, I can sign in from Safari. The app I'm using is the Mail app from Apple. I also downloaded the Gmail app so I could be able to check my emails and I didn't have any problem with it.

I can't sign in if I try to do it from 2Settings -> Mail -> Accounts -> Google" because it doesn't even show the google login page, due to the redirecting error. I'll include a screenshot showing the problem when I try to do it.

If I copy the link "accounts.google.com" and paste it in Safari, I can login normally, but it will just login into Safari and not into my iPhone.

I have another Gmail account linked but I don't want to delet it because I don't know if I'll be able to reconnect it.

(Also I'm sorry for the broken english my native language is actually spanish).

Thanks

Mar 18, 2021 10:26 AM in response to sol60

Hi,

Are you able to sign in to this account using Safari? If not, you'll need to contact the app developer for support on getting this set up.

If you can sign in online, can you tell us what error message you're getting when signing in on your iPhone? Is it different from the redirecting error you had before?

Also, which app are you using to sign into your account? Is it Mail or a third-party app?

Cheers.

can't connect my google account

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.