Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

mac book pro which one should i buy for design

Hi i want to change my macbook pro for a new version, but i'm not sure which one would be better for me. I used mainly for autocad and sketchup programs. would be the m1 better? or should I stay with a Intel processor? memory 16GB is enough and same 1TB for storage?

Acoording to my actual mac I have: 2,5 gHZ iNTEL core I5, 4gb memory (2 memory slots , each of which accepts a 1600mhz ddr3, memory module and 500 storage sata disk, but with the years is a become very slow.

thanks

MacBook

Posted on Dec 20, 2020 12:10 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 20, 2020 12:22 PM

All i can say is the future of Apple is their SoC, not Intel.

I would investigate your third party apps to see if they run w/ Rosetta2 trouble free, or Universal to run native on the M1.

Anything compared to your old <2,5 gHZ iNTEL core I5, 4gb memory (2 memory slots , each of which accepts a 1600mhz> will be a vast improvement either way.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 20, 2020 12:22 PM in response to louisi13

All i can say is the future of Apple is their SoC, not Intel.

I would investigate your third party apps to see if they run w/ Rosetta2 trouble free, or Universal to run native on the M1.

Anything compared to your old <2,5 gHZ iNTEL core I5, 4gb memory (2 memory slots , each of which accepts a 1600mhz> will be a vast improvement either way.

mac book pro which one should i buy for design

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.