Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

“DiskUtil” pop-up

I just updated to Big Sur, and a pop-up saying that “DiskUtil” will damage my computer and that I need to move it to the trash. I’ve searched for this in Finder and cannot find anything by that name. The “move to trash” button does not work. If anyone could shed some light on this it would be appreciated.

[Image Edited by Moderator to Remove Personal Information]

Posted on Dec 20, 2020 12:56 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 23, 2020 7:24 AM

Hello TP6,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities. We understand your concern regarding this message, and we'd be happy to look into this with you.

We have some great steps available that will possibly resolve the issue. Please complete all the steps listed here:

Protect your Mac from malware

You can also use the link below to install the free trial of Malwarebytes to scan your Mac:

Malwarebytes for Mac

We hope this information is useful. Kind regards.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 23, 2020 7:24 AM in response to TP6

Hello TP6,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities. We understand your concern regarding this message, and we'd be happy to look into this with you.

We have some great steps available that will possibly resolve the issue. Please complete all the steps listed here:

Protect your Mac from malware

You can also use the link below to install the free trial of Malwarebytes to scan your Mac:

Malwarebytes for Mac

We hope this information is useful. Kind regards.

“DiskUtil” pop-up

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.