Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Getting an intermittent vertical green line on screen (MacBook Pro 2018) - hardware or software?

I have a MacBook Pro 13" (2018). It is showing an intermittent vertical green line on the screen. I have tried a PRAM and SMC reset to no avail. I am unsure whether this is a software or hardware issue. Trying to categorise before looking for a repairer. Would welcome thoughts on this problem.

Thanks,

Bernadette

Posted on Dec 21, 2020 5:40 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 21, 2020 7:52 PM

I find that most vertical line issues are due to a hardware issue with the Display Assembly which will require it to be repaired.

Edit: You can connect an external display and enable mirroring. If the line only appears on the built-in display, then you know that the laptop's built-in display needs to be replaced.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 21, 2020 7:52 PM in response to BernadetteOS

I find that most vertical line issues are due to a hardware issue with the Display Assembly which will require it to be repaired.

Edit: You can connect an external display and enable mirroring. If the line only appears on the built-in display, then you know that the laptop's built-in display needs to be replaced.

Getting an intermittent vertical green line on screen (MacBook Pro 2018) - hardware or software?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.