Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Screen mirror fitness + workout on Samsung tv

I subscribed to Apple fitness . I have Apple TV app on Samsung TV but fitness does not show up there. I tried screen mirroring from my iPhone. I can see the preview no problem but when I try to take a class in screen mirror mode it only plays the audio. The video portion is black. Am I doing something unsupported?

Posted on Dec 21, 2020 6:48 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 21, 2020 7:01 AM

Am I doing something unsupported?

Currently, Fitness+ on the TV screen requires an Apple TV set-top box with the Fitness app (not the Apple TV app).

Devices you can use with Apple Fitness+ - Apple Support

52 replies

Jan 8, 2021 10:25 AM in response to ChezSD

ChezSD wrote:

I just cancelled my subscription- won’t pay for something I can only use on my I-phones snd will noT purchase an iPad or Apple TV just so that they can make more money. Bad marketing step you will loose more users over this!!

Apple is not reading here in this user-to-user forum for feedback or suggestions. You can let them know your thoughts here:

Product Feedback - Apple

Jan 11, 2021 8:57 AM in response to sinayl

sinayl wrote:

While you can do a workout on phone or iPad, the reality is that this is unsafe. It’s impossible to see correct form when you are standing a few feet back from a small screen.

So don't do it on your phone. Use your iPad. Also, watch the workout through once so you know what to expect. And, more importantly, tell Apple what you think:

Product Feedback - Apple

I'm 58 years old and have been doing workouts from videos on my iPhone for years. No back problems here.

Apr 7, 2021 2:27 PM in response to Pantelonest

Pantelonest wrote:

I agree Apple should fix this as using my phone and peering at it seems ridiculous. I set up an old school method by using a lightning cable to screen mirror my iPad and then used the camera aimed at my phone. This requires lots of balancing on books.... for all the $$$ I’ve invested here I’m feeling a bit taken advantage of. Come on Apple give a little!

If you want Apple to know your thoughts, you should post them where Apple will see them:

Product Feedback - Apple

Dec 27, 2020 11:21 AM in response to sinayl

I cancelled for this reason. I have a working Apple TV and I don’t need to upgrade just for this. Also I just have a big screen in my basement so tried an Apple lightning cable and only found comes through. I were oils have cancelled everything else and just gone with Apple Fitness but this is ridiculous. Peloton, Mirror, Beachbody...all allow airplay or lightning cables. I have a watch, iPad, iPhone, Apple TV but nope...this may change me to another product line!!!

Jan 2, 2021 1:59 AM in response to sinayl

It’s very short sighted of apple not to permit screen mirroring. I do think fitness + will be a success for the majority of users. There is no way I will continue to subscribe if I can’t have the flexibility to share to a larger screen. I will be using YouTube until they flick the switch to fix this.

Jan 4, 2021 11:17 AM in response to sinayl

I'll also be cancelling my Apple fitness+. I have a brand new Samsung TV with Apple TV installed and can't use this. It also ***** that you can't use Apple Fitness+ on your laptop. Who the heck wants to workout via phone or iPad?! This is so stupid. I swear, every year

I promise I'm getting rid of apple products and this may be it. My phone is up for trade in and my brothers Samsung looks amazing. I've been an Apple user for at least 10years but it's just getting so ridiculous. Apple Fitness+ seemed cool for about a week. So disappointing.

Jan 5, 2021 10:17 AM in response to Urquhart1244

every time Apple creates something cool

they just ruin it! Cancelling my subscription ASAP! Such a piece of crap!

it’s a repetitive behaviour on the company. Fitness+ It’s a great idea but nobody will buy a n Apple TV just to do a decent workout. Why don’t you let us pay for a service that you

offer and we like and let us stream it in another screen?!? Why not? Why do

you keep pushing customers away???? I just don’t get it!

Jan 5, 2021 1:13 PM in response to sinayl

I have the same issue with a Sharp LCD tv. I connected my iPad (7th gen, iOS 14.3) to an Apple-branded dongle (Lighting to HDMI) to the the tv. The issue is not the TV or the dongle. It’s the application itself. I can see video from the Apple TV app, Netflix, Hulu, etc but it will not display the the workout from the Fitness. I REFUSE to purchase the Apple TV hardware device. I am thisclose to returning the THREE Apple Watches that I purchased this past December.

Jan 5, 2021 5:21 PM in response to LyricsToGo

I bought a Samsung Sero and an Apple Watch (latest generation) specifically to do the Apple Fitness+ workouts which are phenomenal. I was misled by the Samsung sales rep at BestBuy who told me flat out that I could use the AppleTV app built into the Samsung to not only take Apple Fitness+ workouts, but to do them in portrait mode. He did inform me that this would be coming with a software update due at the end of December. That was 11 weeks ago. Samsung has since confirmed that they are working on tweaking their software so that the AppleTV app will be viewable in portrait mode. However, they also confirmed to me that they have no plans to support Apple Fitness+. They did confirm that Apple is updating Apple Fitness+ to work with the next release of the AppleTV app for Samsung TVs. In the meantime, they suggested that I buy an Apple TV box which they suggested is less quirky and more stable than the app built into their TVs. I did, and they are correct. While I still can't watch Apple Fitness+ in portrait mode, I can watch and fully participate in Apple Fitness+ classes. The interactivity with the Apple Watch, the quality of the workouts, the professionalism of the instructors, and the use of original music that I can then find and play on Apple Music made this a no brainer for me. Plus the Apple TV is portable -- I can take it and plug it in to any TV anywhere. I kept the Samsung, subscribed to Apple Fitness+ for a year, and saved money by cancelling Les Mills On Demand and my Peloton membership. Apple Fitness+ is a much better value in my opinion.

Screen mirror fitness + workout on Samsung tv

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.