Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to lower the volume?

How do I lower the volume on my Mac Mini? When I press the F10 key, the open windows on my Desktop move out to the sides. I want that key to lower the volume. How?

Mac mini, macOS 10.15

Posted on Dec 21, 2020 2:12 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 23, 2020 4:15 PM

Hello R_55a,

Thanks for that info and for choosing the Apple Support Communities. If we understand correctly, you are unable to change volume on the keyboard for your Mac mini. To help with this, please see if changing the "Use F1, F2, etc. keys as standard function keys" setting on your Mac mini helps with this, and here is more info:

How to use the function keys on your Mac

Cheers!

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 23, 2020 4:15 PM in response to R_55a

Hello R_55a,

Thanks for that info and for choosing the Apple Support Communities. If we understand correctly, you are unable to change volume on the keyboard for your Mac mini. To help with this, please see if changing the "Use F1, F2, etc. keys as standard function keys" setting on your Mac mini helps with this, and here is more info:

How to use the function keys on your Mac

Cheers!

How to lower the volume?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.