Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

F11 and F12 setting

My F11 and F12 keys are not controlling the sound levels on my Mac Mini.  I want these keys to lower and raise the volume of the sound, respectively.  Instead the keys move away and bring back any open windows.  

I remember that there is some setting in the Keyboard for getting these two function keys to control sound levels rather than windows.  I do not remember what that setting is.  Does anyone know?

Mac mini, macOS 13.1

Posted on Jan 9, 2023 12:05 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 10, 2023 8:10 AM

R_55a wrote:

My F11 and F12 keys are not controlling the sound levels on my Mac Mini.  I want these keys to lower and raise the volume of the sound, respectively.  Instead the keys move away and bring back any open windows.  

I remember that there is some setting in the Keyboard for getting these two function keys to control sound levels rather than windows.  I do not remember what that setting is.  Does anyone know?

ref: see Change the default behavior of the keys

How to use the function keys on your Mac - Apple Support

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 10, 2023 8:10 AM in response to R_55a

R_55a wrote:

ref: see Change the default behavior of the keys

How to use the function keys on your Mac - Apple Support

F11 and F12 setting

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.