Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

will Migration Assistant transfer MS Word documents from old iMac to new iMac? i have 2011 version of Word on my old imac

Will Migration Assistant transfer MS Word documents from my old iMac to my new iMac? I have the 2011 version of Word on my old iMac.

iMac Line (2012 and Later)

Posted on Dec 22, 2020 7:53 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 22, 2020 9:56 AM

If you want to continue using MS Word then yes, you should either buy Office for Mac 2019 or subscribe to Office 365. There are also web based alternatives such as libreoffice which are free. It all depends on your needs. If you use Word frequently the using the Microsoft solution, however if you use it 1x a month then why spend the money? You could use Pages which comes pre-installed on your new Mac and that will read and write MS Word files.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 22, 2020 9:56 AM in response to G1934

If you want to continue using MS Word then yes, you should either buy Office for Mac 2019 or subscribe to Office 365. There are also web based alternatives such as libreoffice which are free. It all depends on your needs. If you use Word frequently the using the Microsoft solution, however if you use it 1x a month then why spend the money? You could use Pages which comes pre-installed on your new Mac and that will read and write MS Word files.

will Migration Assistant transfer MS Word documents from old iMac to new iMac? i have 2011 version of Word on my old imac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.