Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Transfer Word and Excel to new computer

I can't seem to transfer Word and Excel from my old iMac to my new iMac. I have used those apps for 10 years, so I am confused. Help

iMac 21.5″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Jan 6, 2021 9:32 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 6, 2021 10:06 AM

I suggest that you go to the Microsoft web site and reinstall clean versions. You can then reregister them on your new computer, which you would have had to do anyhow. You have not told us which version of Office you have, so keep in mind that if it is an old 32 bit version (Which is what I suspect is the reason it would not transfer) it would not work in the new computer which only uses 64 bit programs. So, be aware that you may have to pay for an upgrade. The same is true for any other 32 bit apps. They too will have to be upgraded to 64 bit versions.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 6, 2021 10:06 AM in response to MartyRenHen1

I suggest that you go to the Microsoft web site and reinstall clean versions. You can then reregister them on your new computer, which you would have had to do anyhow. You have not told us which version of Office you have, so keep in mind that if it is an old 32 bit version (Which is what I suspect is the reason it would not transfer) it would not work in the new computer which only uses 64 bit programs. So, be aware that you may have to pay for an upgrade. The same is true for any other 32 bit apps. They too will have to be upgraded to 64 bit versions.

Jan 6, 2021 12:29 PM in response to MartyRenHen1

MartyRenHen1 Said:

"Transfer Word and Excel to new computer: I can't seem to transfer Word and Excel from my old iMac to my new iMac. I have used those apps for 10 years, so I am confused. Help"

-------

Take this Up With Microsoft:

These are Apple Forums.

They are the developers of the software. Ask them about transferring this licensed item between devices.

How to Contact Microsoft:

Start here, with the Virtual Support Agent. Start a chat with a Microsoft Rep.

Transfer Word and Excel to new computer

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.