Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

remove a text style in Motion 5.5

anyone know how to remove a text style in Motion 5.5? i want to revert the text layer back to normal

Posted on Dec 22, 2020 5:36 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 22, 2020 7:53 PM

Yeah - okay. The Appearance features are not reset with the Format features. This is a pain to be sure.

However, if there is a format/font/and styles set that you prefer for your default font text appearance: save the Format and Appearance Styles with Presets (top of the Format OR Appearance inspectors) and go directly to your preset instead of going through the Format and any individual appearance/style features to reset those that may have been customized.

In your top image, the Preset menu is the block that says : Normal.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 22, 2020 7:53 PM in response to philstein

Yeah - okay. The Appearance features are not reset with the Format features. This is a pain to be sure.

However, if there is a format/font/and styles set that you prefer for your default font text appearance: save the Format and Appearance Styles with Presets (top of the Format OR Appearance inspectors) and go directly to your preset instead of going through the Format and any individual appearance/style features to reset those that may have been customized.

In your top image, the Preset menu is the block that says : Normal.

Dec 22, 2020 8:15 PM in response to fox_m

thank you for your help, really appreciate it. this will just revert to the font, size, and color of whatever you saved with format & appearance but it does remove any text style.

i just arrived here from 4yrs of After Effects. not what i was expecting. the common sense FCP moves & key commands are missing and basically they are just copying an After effects workflow. i don't know what i was expecting but it wasn't this.

remove a text style in Motion 5.5

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.