Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to remove fade in and out on text generator in FCP?

Final Cut Pro:

How do you remove the fade in and out on a title generator like Custom 3D text?

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 11.2

Posted on Mar 9, 2021 4:50 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 9, 2021 5:46 PM

It's an issue with importing from iMovie

Sorry, It wasn't a text generator. I sent the project from iMovie to FCP and added 3D text in the text inspector. The text imported from iMovie had a fade in and out. The imported text from iMovie is editable in the FCP text inspector, but there are no opacity settings to adjust or in the compositing: opacity in the clip. Also there are no dissolve transitions.

I had used Custom 3D text elsewhere in my project, so didn't realize these were imported text from iMovie. I've recreated the text with native FCP titles to remove the fade i/out.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 9, 2021 5:46 PM in response to Tom Wolsky

It's an issue with importing from iMovie

Sorry, It wasn't a text generator. I sent the project from iMovie to FCP and added 3D text in the text inspector. The text imported from iMovie had a fade in and out. The imported text from iMovie is editable in the FCP text inspector, but there are no opacity settings to adjust or in the compositing: opacity in the clip. Also there are no dissolve transitions.

I had used Custom 3D text elsewhere in my project, so didn't realize these were imported text from iMovie. I've recreated the text with native FCP titles to remove the fade i/out.

How to remove fade in and out on text generator in FCP?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.