Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

“cannot cast live radio stations” message when casting from Apple Music on Android

I am able to cast music from the Apple Music catalog. When I try to cast a live or prerecorded Apple Music radio show I’m shown “Cannot cast love radio stations”.

I am paying for an Individual plan. I am casting to Google / Nest Home, Mini and Chromecast audio devices. The error shows as soon as I press the cast icon. I’m not given a chance to select a device.

I chose to pay for Apple Music because of the radio content above paying for Spotify or YouTube Music. Why would Apple block the biggest differentiating factor for someone to pay for their service. Why would I continue to pay for Apple Music when it’s handicapped.

Someone please get this feedback to a Product Owner.

iPad Air 2, iPadOS 14

Posted on Dec 22, 2020 6:46 PM

Similar questions

3 replies

Dec 24, 2020 2:18 PM in response to seknav

Hi seknav,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities!

We understand that you're unable to cast live radio stations from Apple Music. With Apple Music on Android, not all types of content support casting which could be why you're seeing this message. You can learn more here under "Use Apple Music with Chromecast": Use Apple Music with your Android devices

We hope this helps.

Cheers!

Dec 24, 2020 2:24 PM in response to barberlives123

Merry Christmas Eve but nope, that doesn’t really help. I've read that canned answer all over this sub-forum and I already know it doesn’t work.

I'm asking for this feedback to make it into the hands of the product team...

It really doesn’t make sense that you can cast using Bluetooth to one Google Home speaker but not use the actual casting feature to listen on multiple speakers, or to listen in higher quality than Bluetooth, or to not have to have your device in range of a speaker. It’s a really silly omission or limitation which the product team should reconsider.

Again, for me, if I’m paying for the service, and the only differentiating factor is Apple Music’s radio content, and that’s blocked from casting, I may as well go somewhere else. Apple Music stands apart from the others, but disallows me from using their killer content. Really dumb.

Please actually get this feedback to someone at Apple who can consider it.

“cannot cast live radio stations” message when casting from Apple Music on Android

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.