Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Gen2 Apple TV

I get forced into a continuous loop when I try to log into my apple ID and its very frustrating. I was some tip online saying when you log in to put the 2 digit verification code on the end of my PW and that didnt help either. I have 3 other (new version) appletv's, a new ipad air and the iphone 12...I really dont want to by another appletv because of this issue on the 1 device I have thats a little older. please help me.

Thanks.

Jennifer

Apple TV (2nd gen)

Posted on Dec 23, 2020 7:14 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 23, 2020 7:18 AM

• Apple TV asks for Apple ID password, enter it.
  • An authentication code will be sent to your iPhone or iPad or Mac.
  • Apple TV asks for the Apple ID password again, enter it followed by the authentication code. For example if your Apple ID password is XYZ123 and the authentication code is 4567 enter XYZ1234567
  • Do this quickly or it will time out!

Similar questions

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 23, 2020 7:18 AM in response to jlync8

• Apple TV asks for Apple ID password, enter it.
  • An authentication code will be sent to your iPhone or iPad or Mac.
  • Apple TV asks for the Apple ID password again, enter it followed by the authentication code. For example if your Apple ID password is XYZ123 and the authentication code is 4567 enter XYZ1234567
  • Do this quickly or it will time out!

Gen2 Apple TV

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.