Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

"iPad storage full" message while still 115 GB available!

I'm getting a message "iPad storage full" while I still have 115 GB available. That doesn't make any sense to me, but what exactly makes sense today...

I don't want to "Offload Unused Apps", "Review Downloaded Videos" or "Review Large Attachments" when I still have 115 GB of free space. It's gigabyte not megabyte....

Any idea why this happens?

Posted on Dec 23, 2020 9:42 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 23, 2020 10:36 AM

OK......I'm going to suggest you do a backup/restore. If you have the ability to use your home computer with iTunes, it will put a completely fresh version of iPadOS on your device and clean up anything which may have become corrupt. If you cannot use your home computer, you can do it all over the air.

See the directions in this link, which tells you how to do it either way --> Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch from a backup - Apple Support

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 23, 2020 10:36 AM in response to Wolfgang Gaebler

OK......I'm going to suggest you do a backup/restore. If you have the ability to use your home computer with iTunes, it will put a completely fresh version of iPadOS on your device and clean up anything which may have become corrupt. If you cannot use your home computer, you can do it all over the air.

See the directions in this link, which tells you how to do it either way --> Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch from a backup - Apple Support

Dec 23, 2020 10:03 AM in response to lobsterghost1

First I get a popup again "iPad Storage Full" "You can free up space on this iPad by managing your storage in Settings", then I click on "Not Now"...

My iPad shows "115.4 GB of 256 GB Used"

Doesn't make any sense.

This actually means that I have even more free space than 115 GB...

Just restarted the iPad and now the message even shows up on the unlock screen.

Dec 23, 2020 10:16 AM in response to Wolfgang Gaebler

It's getting weirder. I've just restarted the iPad Pro again. Logged in, then I got the spinning wheel of death.

After 30 seconds I could login again.

Now it suddenly shows "84.2 GB of 256 GB Used".... and I didn't delete anything or change any setting - and on the home screen are several apps without an icon. Means it only shows "Contacts" as text, but no icon.

Meanwhile in Settings it shows "83.9 GB of 256 GB Used".

It's an iPad Pro 12.9 inch 2019. It must be too old...

"iPad storage full" message while still 115 GB available!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.